Monday 23 May 2011

Rules of the Game...

As I mentioned in my 1st post (buried below the tome filled with Arsenal malaise), the impetus for starting the blog is to share the story of my quest for gambling alchemy - the penny accumulator.

The rules are simple:




  • 1p stake, accumulator bet on all the Premier League matches that matchday round


  • Choices are Win or Draw - no score betting or Win/Draw bets. It's like playing the football pools


That's it! If only 8 games are played due to rearrangments then it's an 8 game accumulator, but normally a round of matches will be 10 games. I'll do this for every weekend batch and the midweek round where the majority of clubs are in action.



As an example from yesterday's matches, I went for:



Stoke vs Wigan - STOKE



West Ham vs Sunderland - DRAW



Newcastle vs West Brom - NEWCASTLE



Aston Villa vs Liverpool - VILLA



Everton vs Chelsea - DRAW



Tottenham vs Birmingham - TOTTENHAM



Fulham vs Arsenal - ARSENAL



Bolton vs Man City - CITY



Wolves vs Blackburn - WOLVES



Man Utd vs Blackpool - UTD



Total Odds were 3250/1 and the bookies won. I got 4/10 right - a pitiful performance.



Normally, the odds are around 3000/1 and normally I get nowhere near fulfilling the bet. I know a lot of people also play this game regularly, so hopefully through the comments section, we can have a bit of competition and a laugh at some of the more outlandish predictions.



Finally, I'll be creating a Villains section for the players/officials who ruin my chances. Obviously, if I get 7 matches wrong then it's not an issue, but if there seems to be a standout reason why I fail to become rich through this well-thought-out scheme, then they'll go on the list.



Let's make this nice and interactive - it'll be a bit of a laugh!!!

No comments: