Sunday 22 May 2011

Lift Off

I've been mulling over the idea of having a blog for a while. Every now and again, I've decided to put words down via the medium of Facebook notes, but I feel a blog seems more grown up and official. And I am very grown up and official.

So basically, there is no real theme to the blog other than what I choose to write about. I'm a big sports fan, especially of the Arsenal so I'm sure that will have a regular airing. I like me political debates so that'll probably get talked about too. I'm a medical student, with an interest in public health, so if you're really unlucky...you might get some of that too. But hey-ho...that's part of the fun of this lucky-dip style of blogging. It also means that if something I write really doesn't interest you, always stop by again because you never know what's going to get talked about next!

I make no promise of regular postings, but will endeavour to work out how the blogger mailing list thing works, so if you like what I have to say, you can have each post mailed to you as it comes out, thereby saving you all the hard work.

So to the name of the blog - well, the final impetus for starting the blog up was an idea that I started last summer. I've decided that the easiest way to get rich is not to work hard, but to win money gambling....either through the lottery, or through the coffers of Paddy Power. One of the brilliant ideas I had was the gambling equivalent of alchemy - turning a penny (the minimum bet) into serious dosh. The idea is to do a 10 match accumulator for each Premier League weekend, and hopefully make some decent money. I was kinda irregular last season, but with the commitment of blogging about it, hopefully it'll keep me on track and give you all a little laugh at how pathetically wrong I get it!

That's all for now, folks. Back to the books.




No comments: