Thursday 24 October 2019

S9M10: Whole Lot of Bluster

There is nothing - NOTHING - quite like the feeling of the joy that come the end of an international break - proper club football returns - being dashed on the rocks of entirely predictable despair.

Hi, I'm Albert Einstein and my falsely attributed quote has been pinned up on the IKEA corkboard in the Emery Lair.

Fortunately, my job protects me from such trials by crushing my soul and spirit in other ways, so I don't have the time to watch utter guff like that. Yay!

Everton had a little post-international break megagame of their own, which they came through with a 2-0 win over West Ham. Villa too continued their good start whilst Chelsea and Leicetser also kept their winning form going. Bournemouth, Norwich, Wolves and Southampton all flew out the blocks like snails, whilst Spurs were lucky to get their draw after another VAR disastAR. That's a joke for the ages

Man City closed the gap to Liverpool who were held to a draw at Old Trafford, thus keeping Ole at the wheel and that's all I've got time for as I'm off to work as thanks for saving my sanity from another Emery mastercass

Let's get statty:

This week, 27 people played
Most popular predicted result: Chelsea WIN (27/27)
Most disputed prediction: Everton vs West Ham (11-12-4 split respectively)

Highest odds: Joe Abbott (983/1)
Lowest odds: AFM (127/1)
Average odds: 357/1

Best predictor: David G (7/10)
Worst predictor: Gaj (2/10)
Average score: 4.44/10

Best predicted result: Chelsea WIN (27/27)
Worst predicted result: Sheff Utd WIN (1/27 - Nick with the self-loathing)

Everyone's scores:



Leaderboard (>2/3 week, 7/9)


To this week's predictions:

 
Good luck all

No comments: