Tuesday 10 September 2019

S9M5: Back to Business

Ah, the first international break of the season, or to give it its latin name Odiosis Sabbati. Regular readers will know my gross indifference to international football, unless I'm winning the Impossibilitee World Cup competition, in which case it's LITERALLY THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS.

In any case, for this batch of internationals, I couldn't tell you who is in the England squad, who they're playing or what was the score. I don't even know if they're qualifiers or friendlies. So about time the good stuff is back.

Been Jonesing for some more of that adidas good good in my life anyway.

The problem with this specific blogpost - the post-international one, is that of course, nobody can really remember what happened before the break. I could reel off the scores and do the usual one line summary, but even rudimentary analysis is beyond me at this point. It was 10 days ago people. I'm not Dominic O'Brien, Don't ever say you don't learn things from me.

So let's skip all that, gloss over the fact that Harry Kane is a filthy cheat who benefits from the media protection serially afforded to England captains and get on with the stats...

Last time out:
31 people played. Important public service announcement - in the last 2 weeks, some of you have been so keen, you've played twice! When you submit your predictions, a message should come up saying predictions submitted! If you don't see it, feel free to ask me if I've got them

Most popular predicted result: Chelsea WIN (31/31)
Most disputed prediction: West Ham vs Newcastle ( 17-7-7 split respectively)

Highest odds: Will Castle (3338/1)
Lowest odds: Joe Abbot (478/1)
Average odds: 1287/1 - btw guys, you don't need to give me the /1 (ie 1000/1, just write as 1000)

Best predictor: Brad Allix (9/10)
Worst predictors: Daniel Wigman & Joseph Machta (3/10)
Average score: 5.35/10

Best predicted results: Man City & Liverpool WINS (30/31)
Worst predicted result: Chelsea vs Sheff Utd DRAW (0/31)

Everyone's results:
 To the leaderboard (>2/3; 3/4)

To this week's predictions:

Good luck all! See you next week!

No comments: