Saturday 13 August 2011

Week 1 - Results/Stats Post

So this is where I get my geek on! Each week, I'll try to put together a few patterns that emerge in the predictions and create some comparisons for bragging rights!

This week:
9 people played
Most popular predicted result: Man City win (100% concordance)
Most disputed result: Fulham Vs Villa (Home win: 3, Draw: 4, Away win:2)
Longest Odds: Joe Miller - 63,500/1

Best Predictor: Naph/Will O'Doherty/Joe Miller (5/9)
Worst Predictor: Ryan Wain (don't worry about the fact you didn't put the bet on then....) (2/9)

Best Predicted result: Man City WIN (9/9)
Worst Predicated result: Liverpool vs Sunderland DRAW (0/9)

I got 4 right, which is not a great start....Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea....who'd have thought it...


Here are Week 1's results in full (just imagine me reading them like James Alexander Gordon doing the classified football results...):




Villain of the Week: This is the section held for individuals that ruin the betting slip. For example, the ref who disallows a perfectly good goal which changes the result. Individuals only qualify for villain status if they take away any genuine chance of winning the bet - so if you only get 3 matches correct anyway, then it's irrelevant what happened - so I'm imposing a strict 7+ correct predictions on someone's choices for their "villain" to qualify.

This week, no-one technically qualifies, but as it's my blog, my rules, I'm saying Joey Barton is for his disgraceful antics. Honourable mention goes to John Terry, for being John Terry.

Thanks for playing - spread the word and looking forward to having you all back next week! I'll be posting my bets on Thursday, so anytime after that, get involved! Spread the word - let's hope for better luck next week!

6 comments:

Joe Miller said...

This is a fun game. Cheered me up despite feeling like crap today. Bring on next week!

Will O'Doherty said...

I'm delighted to be joint-leading the way, Bolton-like, at the start of a long, hard season. We'll take each game as it comes, give 110% percent, and as long as we're in the competition we have a chance of winning it.

Ryan Wain said...

This is quality mate! Looking forward to next week...

ccdaniels65 said...

I'm most impressed that Joe got 5/9 with his ridiculous odds. Is there a life lesson in this? Take a risk....

Joe6725 said...

Here are my picks for this week:

Man Utd v Tottenham - DRAW
Bolton v Man City - BOLTON
Wolves v Fulham - FULHAM
Norwich v Stoke - DRAW
Chelsea v West Brom - CHELSEA
Swansea v Wigan Athletic - SWANSEA
Everton v QPR - DRAW
Aston Villa v Blackburn - VILLA
Arsenal v Liverpool - DRAW
Sunderland v Newcastle - SUNDERLAND

Joe6725 said...

Oh and I stand to win 2067.76 from a 10p bet.